Thursday, January 20, 2011

Legos Are Not Just for Stepping On

Time to backtrack a couple of weeks. Remember the whole, "invite yourself to participate in others' activities" geniusness? Well Christmas is not the only time we implemented that tactic recently.

We found out through the grapevine that Cool Dad's sister and her family would be heading to San Diego for New Years, and planning to go to Legoland. Well, who doesn't want to jump on that bandwagon?? Well, apparently, Cool Dad? He is not a super fan on theme parks, but he is still pretty willing.

To all of those considering Legoland, I have to say, you have a VERY SMALL window to take your kids. We had an almost four year old who couldn't ride on quite a few of the rides, five and seven year old who were in heaven, and an eight and nine year old, who thought it was ok, but the rides were almost a bit young for them. That being said, cousins should ALWAYS go to theme parks together. We had a blast just being with family.


I will say that they had a few interactive rides that were interesting. Cool Dad took great pleasure standing on the sidelines and shooting water at all of the children. The Fire Truck ride also holds humorous possibilities as the parents have to "pump" in order for the fire truck to travel down the track, and then they also have to "pump" for the kids to shoot water at the burning building.

As far as being a Lego junkie, I am not. However, it was fascinating to see all of figures at Legoland built out of Legos. I thought there were awesome. Cool Dad was annoyed by my excitement, but take a look at my pics. There is no way they are not cool. I will tell you who is not cool, Cool Dad...names can be deceptive.



I do have to add one shout out for New Years Day. If you are looking for a great day to go to Legoland, choose New New Years Day. It was not crowded at all, and when we went on the big roller coaster they let us go twice since nobody was waiting in line. I also loved their Christmas decorations that were still up.



Yes, this tree is made out of legos.

I would say that it was a wild time, but since Cool Dad and I fell asleep at 8:30 on New Years Eve that would be a bit of an exaggeration, so I will just call it another fun trip for the Heat Wavers.

2 comments:

  1. definitely on my list of places to take the kids. glad you had fun. poo poo on Cool Dad for being very un-cool. Maybe if there were mass quantities of burro feces and a few shovels, he would have had a better time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should mention that the Heatwavers were down a member on the first day of the Legoland experience as Hot Mom conveniently forgot she had to work and let Cool Dad drive to San Diego with Pie and Bud and take them to Legoland by his lonesome on the first day! Grumpiness was thrust upon me! And considering both Pie, Bud and I were all sick that first day, I would say I was a champion. A Champion.

    ReplyDelete